Closes: November 30, 2019
Trinity Western University Language Centre
Richmond, British Columbia
10-20 hours of weekly teaching, starting in January 2020.
TLC has EAP instructor openings for Spring, 2019 starting from January of 2020.
These positions involve 10-20 hours of weekly teaching for international students from lower intermediate to advanced levels. There is the potential of contract renewal after the 15-week-long semester.
• preparation of classes, activities, and assignments based on curriculum;
• teaching all classes;
• designing, setting, and marking quizzes and test papers;
• filling out progress sheet;
• participating in staff meetings and school events as required;
• maintaining regular office hours;
• giving ongoing and final evaluation of student performance; and
• being flexible in schedule to accommodate potential evening/weekend classes.
Please submit a letter of application, resume, and name of two references from people who are familiar with your professional experience to [email protected] with the subject “EAP Instructor Application”.
In accordance with Canadian immigration requirements, this advertisement is directed to Canadian citizens, permanent residents, or those holding a valid working visa. Only those selected for interview will be contacted.
The ideal candidate should have:
• A BA/MA in TESOL/TEAL/English/Education/ Linguistics from an English medium university, AND a TESL/TESOL/TEAL/CELTA certificate from a Languages Canada recognized institution;
• ONE year of academic English teaching experience in classroom settings;
• expert fluency in English language (IELTS Band 9 or equivalent).
Successful experience in the following areas:
• Teaching EAP lower intermediate to advanced levels;
• Evidence of successful material development and lesson planning in EAP;
• Experience of teaching international students;
• Cultural awareness and strong intercultural communication skills; and
• Demonstrated ability to work with a team from diverse background.